Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator WordPress Multisite Compatible?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    whatsthebigidea
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to be WPMU compatible even when NOT network activated. If Network Activated, then admin Orbisius Child Theme Creator menu appears in individual sites though when clicked/followed it returns to Network Admin and no sign of Orbisius Child Theme Creator menu. If NOT Network Activated then there is no sign of Orbisius Child Theme Creator menu as well. Please advise. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

I admit. The plugin hasn’t been tested in MultiSite environment yet.
    We’ve included a notice about that within the plugin.

I have a several questions:
    How would you expect the plugin to work in MultiSite environment?
    e.g. should the plugin show in each site or should it appear only in only location?
    Also should the plugin have an option to make a child theme available for the sub-sites?

any other ideas?

whatsthebigidea
    Participant

WPMU by design does not allow editing of themes by admins of individual sites. Superadmins however can though only in the network dashboard. So, the childtheme menu could appear in theme editor in the Network Dashboard. Btw,. Thanks for the prompt response! Just a note: my Android clips this editors text area. Making this replt a little cumbersome. Thanks again.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve did some tests with Multisite and the menu of the plugin appears now under Appearance.
    I also updated the message about the missing permissions. It links to the plugin’s page in the Netowork dashboad.

Can you try this version of the plugin and me know how it goes?
    http://orbisius.com/dl/wp/plugins/orbisius-child-theme-creator-custom/orbisius-child-theme-creator-ms-beta.zip

Note: It worked fine on my development machine but I recommend testing it on a test site just to be on the safe side.

P.S. How do you edit theme files? Do you use a plugin or FTP client?

whatsthebigidea
    Participant

Slavi, Works great after making it Network Enabled. I chose to copy functions.php and as your caution stated the child theme did break, so I just deleted the contents of the functions.php and the child theme was live. I usually edit theme files using FTP or SSH though if the file already exists it’s more convenient to edit a theme file using the WP theme editor. BTW, “pluggable functions” – I understand their use though why would it break a particular theme? BTW, nicely presented menus and easy to understand UI!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great.

The reason that the site crashes when the theme doens’t support pluggable functions is that php requires function names must be unique i.e. you can’t have more than one function or class with the same name.

Basically, the pluggable term means that the parent theme checks if the function already exists, if not then it defines it.

Will do some more tests and will push a new release either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
    Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Just posted a new version of the plugin. It supports a nice theme editor (ajax).
    Let me know what you think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.