Home Forums Community Support Forum Syntax Error code has replaced my website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tumaini tarot
    Participant

Hello

Installed plugin Orbisius child theme- my website is http://tumainitarot.com

I really hope you are able to help. Unfortunately I am a newbie and although I have read posts on similar topics,i can’t help feeling I did something wrong. I added an altered footer php code into child theme and pressed saved. The following error has taken over my website which I can no longer gain access.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/jacbra18/TumainiTarot.com/wp-content/themes/tumainichild/functions.php on line 7

I went onto my host server and removed the Orisius child theme by deletion but I am still having problems logging into my wp-admin. Can you please help. But be use step by step simple instructions. I am quite nervous about getting it wrong again.

Any help is very much appreciated. I really feel like crying!!!!!

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error was not caused by Orbisius Child Theme Creator.
    It seems you’ve played with /themes/tumainichild/functions.php file.

You will have to reinstall the plugin and then edit functions.php file.
    It seems there is a bracket ( < ) on line 7 which breaks the php.

The plugin has a button that allows you to check the syntax of the file.
    You must do it when you’re editing .php files.

Note: some hosting companies (e.g. WP Engine) deactivate some php functions (exec, system etc.) which stops the php syntax checking. In most hostings it should work.

Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Just for completeness you confirmed (via email) that this was solved. Great!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.