Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    pcescato
    Participant

Hi, I bought your plugin Orbisius Quick Order for WooCommerce and installed it on my website
    It works well, but there’s a big issue: with more than 15 products added into a single form, there’s a failure and I’ve a page saying:

Something went wrong with the site caching!
    Please try refreshing this page, that should fix the issue.
    If you’re the website owner, please contact the SiteGround Support Team for further assistance.

AS the issue is due to plugin, they ask me to contact you to solve this problem.
    I think it can be technical issue related to string length or post datas volume, but I’m not sure. Can you take a look please?

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

First, thanks for the purchase.
    This is interesting. We’ve tested the plugin with the sample WooCommerce database which has lots of products.

Is it possible to create a test account for us (admin) access?

You can use our quote form to set us the login info.

Hire Us / Free Quote

Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Salut Pascal,

I’ve logged in and checked the site.
    I couldn’t reproduce the error message.
    I created a (draft) page that lists all of the products.
    Everything works as it should be.

Here is a video of the troubleshooting process: http://youtu.be/yCKE0kvDpkQ

You can edit the page from this link (since it’s draft it can’t be accessed if you’re not logged in).
    http://www.v-comme-vapote.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1955&action=edit

Slavi

pcescato
    Participant

Thanks Slavi
    But You did not listen to me: you just add quantities for 2 or 3 items
    Now go again on the page, and try to set a quantity for let say 25 or 30 items and let me know if you don’t have some problem…

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

oh, ok.

Now, I see what you meant. I managed to reproduce it by entering 99 as quantity.
    Is it possible to check if you can access to (php) error logs at your siteground hosting?

Slavi

pcescato
    Participant

Hi! Where can I send you the file? Even if there’s no error logged in…
    I’ve add some breakpoints in function orbisius_woocommerce_ext_quick_order_handle_post_order
    and all is ok before wp_safe_redirect($cart_url); even the $cart_url = $woocommerce->cart->get_cart_url(); is ok. So where can be the problem?

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Pascal,

I checked the error.log file that you sent.
    I see this error message from woocommerce-catalog-visibility-options plugin which usually shows a blank screen Or the error message if the php or WordPress’ display errors are turned on.

[20-Mar-2014 02:18:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_customer_id() on a non-object in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-catalog-visibility-options/lib/woocommerce-catalog-restrictions/classes/class-wc-catalog-restrictions-query.php on line 87
    [20-Mar-2014 02:19:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_customer_id() on a non-object in /home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-catalog-visibility-options/lib/woocommerce-catalog-restrictions/classes/class-wc-catalog-restrictions-query.php on line 87

Is it possible to deactivate the plugin and try again?

Slavi

pcescato
    Participant

Hi Slavi!
    Even after deactivating all plugins but WooCommerce and your own, the problem remains. Seems that there’s some bug with wp_redirect as I tried it instead of wp_safe_redirect with same problem happening.
    Perhaps some bug in WordPress due to $_REQUEST size or number of items… or possibly bug in memcached / varnish vars management.

pcescato
    Participant

Now I try with simple header() function: header("Location: $cart_url"); and the problem remains, so I think it’s really a problem with caching, but I still can’t understand why as the just previous line: $cart_url = $woocommerce->cart->get_cart_url();is executed, so executing one more line with simple PHP function should not create failure…

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Pascal,

Ok. This is getting really interesting. Is it possible to create a test FTP account so I can check?
    I am very curious of the cause.
    You have my email already I think.

Slavi

pcescato
    Participant

Hi Slavi
    Problem was solved as soon as all caching was disabled: no more Varnish cache, no more memcached, no more cloudflare.
    The company hosting answer is very interesting:

However, it is clear that the issue is related to the functionality of the server. Indeed it is possible that it is related to the server and its characteristics. (…) This is not a common issue and it beyond the scope of our services.

So I paid for a service they can’t offer properly.
    Now I can allow my customers to order more quickly thanks to your plugin, but my website is not as fast as it should be.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Pascal,

I am glad that this got solved.
    Caching provides lots of benefits but sometimes also causes issues.

Slavi

truepotential
    Participant

I had a similar issue with 700 products.

I use W3 TotalCache and found that the only way to display more than about 25 products was to disable it on this page. To do this I added the URL to the ‘Cache exception list’ in the cache settings.

It’s now working smoothly.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the tip.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.