Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Quick Order for WooCommerce Multiple forms on one page / one Submit button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FredTheValet
    Participant

My client would like to group the item on their order form by category, which I figured I could accomplish with multiple short codes that specify the category to display. However, each form has its own “submit” button which submits only that form.

Can you think of a work around that would allow me to have one page with multiple categories and one submit button (or have multiple submit buttons and have each one submit all the forms on the page)?

Hoping the answer is yes!

Thanks
    – Fred.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Fred,

Do you think if the plugin is able to retrieve items from multiple categories will work?
    Or do you need to exclude items from a given category?

Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just pushed a new release which should allow you to include multiple category IDs or slugs separated by commas.
    This is experimental and let me know if it works for you.

Slavi

FredTheValet
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’ll work that way or not, but I’ll check it out. The customer wants to group items by category and have some indication of what category each group of products belongs to (a header at the top of the grouping).

I know this is a big request – they’re trying to mimic an existing print order form. I’m not even sure how it would work on the backend.

Oh – this is my first updated version since I bought the plugin – how do I get updates?

FredTheValet
    Participant

Thought about this some (and looked at the code).

I guess what I’m looking for is some way to turn off the <div> & <form> at the beginning and </form> & </div> at the end of the shortcode, so that I can have just one beginning and one ending. Two thoughts, and I’m just totally spitballing here (and don’t expect anything immediate or even done, as I’m not sure this is anything that makes sense for other users):

1 – additional shortcode args to turn off the beginning & end of the form

2 – new shortcodes to START the form, END the form, DISPLAY a group of products, heck, maybe even display the SUBMIT button (so you could put one at the beginning of the form and one at the end, both of which would submit the entire page). These would be new, and the existing shortcode would do just what it does now – do everything.

Just ideas – I’m a coder, too and may try my hand at my own customization if needed (maybe #2 – I like the “build your own” approach).

– Fred.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Fred,

Re: Updates … they are delivered the same way as the regular WordPress plugins i.e. you should have been prompted to update by now. Do let know if the plugin returns that the download is not available.
    If that’s the case I will need to whitelist the domain that you’re using the plugin on.

Interesting suggestions.
    When we receive we try to qualify them first.

For example: if it’s going to benefit many users then the feature has a higher chance of getting implemented in a future release.

On the other hand if it’s going to benefit only a few of our users we tend to consider those as custom work.
    We either implement it as a separate plugin or add it to the feature.

If a client requests a feature to be exclusively implemented for them then the quote is a higher.

Usually, there is more when there are requests. Feel free to contact us via our free quote form at http://orbisius.com/free-quote/

Slavi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.