Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius bbPress Signature Move the signature from /wp-admin to buddypress profile editing screen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GodsDead
    Participant

I got exited when I thought I found a simple wysiwyg signature editor for bbpress/buddypress until I noticed that only admins can set their signature on forums.

There are two types of control panels, the admin backend and the buddypress “edit profile” pages which FIT IN with the rest of your websites theme, all their other information is set in this edit profile section, not the admin control panel.

It’s a big shame I will have to rely on this outdated plugin until this is fixed https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-signature/
    Since this plugin has an error where it displays the “edited on” twice.

KJThaDon
    Participant

@GodsDead

I just came here to post the same issue. Unfortunately had to uninstall unless it is integrated in the future.

Are there any plans?

Thanks!

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

hmm, the plugin should work for bbPress for any user.
    The Signature menu should appear in the left like other menus.
    Honestly, haven’t tested it with BuddyPress (yet).

Can you check if you have some other plugin that *cleans* the WordPress Admin menus?

sbraiden
    Participant

Hi there, Slavi. Thanks so much for making this plug-in available.

I’m having the same problem as the two users above. The “Signature” link -does- show up at the bottom of the Dashboard panel on the left for me as an administrator, but it does not show up as an option under the User drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen. It appears there is no way at all to access this unless you’re an administrator.

I’m using the latest version of bbPress forums, and having gone through my other plug-ins, I’m not finding anything that is scrubbing the menus.

Thanks so much,
    Susan.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

so you’d like the signature menu to appear in this menu as well?

sbraiden
    Participant

Right. This is shown in one of the screenshots on the WordPress Plugins listing, where it states the plug-in will show the signature box from the Edit Profile page as well. This is from the plug-in listing, showing that functionality:

signature box on the Edit Profile page

When you click “Edit My Profile” on this menu, the signature box does not appear on the Profile page as the screenshot shows it should.

Right now, unless a guest has admin access, there isn’t actually a way for them to use this feature as suggested, unless I’m perhaps missing something. Am I misunderstanding the intention?

Thanks again, Slavi! I genuinely appreciate what you provide :D

Susan.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by .
    Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Strange. I will check and get back to you.

sbraiden
    Participant

Slavi, I suspect this is a result of my own misunderstanding.

I saw the name of this plug-in — “bbPress Signature” — and assumed that since bbPress forums are a component of BuddyPress that this would automatically work with the other changes BuddyPress makes to the base WordPress system, including User Profiles.

My guess is that with BuddyPress managing the profiles something is going astray. Perhaps for people who are just using the bbPress forums, without the larger BuddyPress scaffolding, this works as expected? I downloaded it thinking it would simply work in both cases.

I think this is probably the assumption other people will have when downloading this plug-in. I’m still digging into my own installation trying to determine if there is something else I have installed that may be causing the signature form to be surprised on the Profile edit page.

Thanks again,
    Susan.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Susan, between me and you [ :) it’s always funny to say that in a public forum]: the plugin was designed to work with bbPress (the forum software) that we also use to manage support at Club Orbisius.

Now, I see that the name may have caused some confusion,
    The fact that it works with bbPress this doesn’t mean that it can’t be adapted to work with BuddyPress as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.