Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Soypati1972
    Participant

Hi Slavi,

I have installed the pluguin and when I try to create the Child Theme by clicking on Obsidius Child Theme Creator it says “you need more permissions”.

I have already called my hosting provider, we have changed the safe mode directive but it still doesn’t work.

I’m working with Multisite, with the themes Restaurateur and Ever After.

Thanks a lot,
    Patricia

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Patricia,
    When you saw that error message were you logged in as administrator?
    I the last update we’ve added extra security checks.

Do you know if this a multisite WordPress installation?

Soypati1972
    Participant

Hi Slavi,

Yes I was logged in as administrator.
    Yes this is a multisite installation
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks,
    Patricia

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia,

Are you logged in as a Network Administrator account?

Because that’s the user that can install themes and make them available for the sub-sites.

Soypati1972
    Participant

Slavi,

Yes, I’m logged as Network Administrator.
    I have installed the plugin at the Network Administrator desktop and I have activated it for the network.
    Even so, when I click on “Orbisius Child Team Creator” it shows this message.

:o(

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia,

I am sorry about the delay.
    I haven’t had chance to troubleshoot it but created a custom version of the plugin which will skip the check for network administrator.

You can download it from here:
    http://orbisius.com/dl/wp/plugins/orbisius-child-theme-creator-custom/orbisius-child-theme-creator.zip

Soypati1972
    Participant

Hi Slavi,

I have just installed the new versión and it has worked out!
    THANKS A LOT!! Now I’ll work a little bit more with the Child Theme and if everything goes well I will certainly donate to this plugin.

Best regards,
    Patricia

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Awesome! You’re welcome.
    Thanks Patricia.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia,

Just posted a new version of the plugin.
    It supports a nice theme editor (ajax – no page loads).

The plugin will add a new menu in Appearance in the main site (network).

Let me know what you think.
    Slavi

Soypati1972
    Participant

Hi Slavi,

I have just updated it. There are new options but, let me tell you the truth, I don’t know how to use many of them. Anyway what is great is that with this new versión the icon flags work perfectly!
    Thanks a lot,
    Patricia

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Great!

Aesop Han
    Participant

Im having similar issues, even though I install the latist version. I still have met the message like this, “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”. I have met the same messases when I install the other plugin that i don’t remember the exact name. I think the issue may come from the PHP version. At some host address, It workes well but at some host that serve PHP 5.2 version it doesn’t work. PLS, Help ASAP.
    Thanks.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Aesop,

This was indeed fixed in the latest version. Actually, the more permission error message has been removed.
    On multisite install the plugin redirects to a different location (site admin) where you can install the themes globally.

If you’re getting this message: “You do not have sufficient permissions to install themes on this site.” that means that you’re logged in with a user that is not a full admin.
    Maybe you have an account with a username admin but it may not have admin privileges.

I’ve seen developers give their clients an account with the name ‘admin’ with limited permissions.

Slavi

Sue L
    Participant

I have a problem . I’ve uploaded the plugin and when I click create a child theme it says
    There was an error during the chat installation.
    Target child theme directory cannot be created. This is probably a permission error. Cannot continue.

Also the ‘logo’ for the parent theme is empty space when i click on it to make the child theme..It’s not showing up properly. I asked my host and then went in and set the permission on the Orbisius plugin in File zilla ( host side) to 777 but that’s the message it came up with.I’m logged in and it’s a single site wordpress setup.I’m trying to redo my website with wordpress.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

You need to give write permissions to wp-content/themes folder and not to plugin’s folder.
    Usually, when if don’t set a logo the theme usually shows a default one.

Setting up a logo can be different for different themes.
    Can you try uploading one from Appearance > Customize OR Appearance > YourTheme Options ?

Slavi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.