Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator Question Regarding Weaver II Child Theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mattadon
    Participant

I’m still kind of new to WordPress and just recently learned about child themes. I used your plugin to create a child theme for the free version of the Weaver II theme. My question is, since Weaver II already comes with a lot of personal customization, does the plugin copy all of these features into the child them? If not, then how can I tell which files have been copied and which haven’t? I’ve played around with some of the coding (what little I’ve learned) to make a few changes as well. Does anyone know if any of these built-in customization changes are affected when the theme is updated? Thank you in advance.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin copies: header, footer, screenshot, and an admin folder if any.
    Every theme is different so the plugin doesn’t try to assume any other files.
    About the minimal required files you’ll have to check with the designer .. or via trial and error.

In a future version of the plugin we’re planning on adding a copy functionality that will allow you to transfer folders or files from the parent theme to the child theme.

Slavi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.