Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator not able to view the correct style.css in editor

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wpatters1229
    Participant

I created a child theme and it was called learner-child-01 and that is what the web pages call in the head but when I go to use the Orbisius Theme Editor it shows me the name of the website and says it is California College Pathways (child Learner)(Site Theme). When I make changes it does do anything as this is not the style sheet called in the head of the site. Not sure what is going on. There must be a config file that is wrong. Is there a way to change the editor to see the correct theme files?

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

The parent theme is probably to blame. Can you check with the theme designer if his/her theme is child theme friendly?
    If the designer has used one specific function it will always pull the css from the parent theme.

wpatters1229
    Participant

i have been working with this site for about a month and this all of a sudden happened…not sure what happened http://cacollegepathways.org/demo-site It is really weird since I can make changes to the css if I do it in a text file and then upload it.

Weird…I have used your app on multiple sites and no problem. Was just wondering where I can find the files that control the presentation of the css file in the editor?

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

The files are in plugins/orbisius-child-theme-creator/assets
    you may have to replace the min files with the other copies.
    The minified versions are used everywhere except on our development machines.

wpatters1229
    Participant

I think we have figured out the bug….the server that we are working on has sitelock set for fix on the server and apparently it blocks any updates to certain kinds of files. We bypassed the sitelock security and everything is now working correctly….security must now be tweaked as changes to css files will probable be an ongoing thing.

Sorry to question the plugin code….I use it all the time and this was the first time it seemed to fail. Thanks for all the responses.

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Great!
    Thanks for providing an update.
    You’re very welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.