Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Orbisius Child Theme Creator Making copy of template PHP file from theme to child theme

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    michelesidecar
    Participant

Hello,
    My theme comes with template files that you can edit and upload to your child theme. I want to use your plugin to upload the template PHP file to my child theme. In the Orbis theme editor, for theme 1, I chose my theme (Bateaux) and the file (/Template/entryportfolio.PHP) and for the second theme I chose Bateaux child theme and now I’m not sure what to do. When I chose the child theme it automatically chooses style.css or functions.php and I dont want to copy the file to either of those, I want entryportfolio.PHP to be duplicated over and be its own file on my child theme. What are the nexts steps?

Thanks,
    Michele

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

Hi Michele,

The second editor defaults to style.css or functions.php because they are most likely to exist in that theme.
    You can pick another file in the dropdown menu in the second editor.

You can create a single file but creating files in folders it’s not possible with the free plugin.
    The pro addon will support that (we’re working as we speak) and will be available tomorrow.
    You will have to update to the latest version of Child Theme Creator (free Version)

Another option is to use an FTP program download files from the parent theme and then upload them to the child theme folder.

Slavi

Slavi Marinov
    Keymaster

We’ve just pushed updates to free and pro plugins.
    If you enter a folder before the file it will be created.
    e.g. headers/header-2.php it will be created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.