Home Forums Community Support Forum WordPress Plugins Like Gate Pro Like Gate not displaying on Tablet and Mobile Devices

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sodadesign
    Participant

Hello,

I wondered if you can help?

I firstly installed the Lite version which worked great however I needed the ‘Like’ to be directed to my facebook fan page so I purchased the Pro version for this purpose. Please note that I deactivated the Lite version and deleted before installing the Pro version.

I’ve used the shortcode provided, here’s the code used:
    [like-gate url=”http://www.facebook.com/mrsbestco”%5D
    Thanks so much for liking our page, as a special treat here’s a 10% discount code which can be used across all items in the store. Code: VOUCHERCODE
    [/like-gate]
    However although this displays on desktop browsers I’ve noticed it’s completely hidden on mobiles and tablets (testing on iPhone and iPad) and just leaves a blank space where the facebook like button and text should be.

When I remove the URL and use the code below instead it does display on a mobile and tablet (but obviously I don’t want the like to be directed to the post itself but my fan page instead):
    [like-gate]
    Thanks so much for liking our page, as a special treat here’s a 10% discount code which can be used across all items in the store. Code: THANKYOU15
    [/like-gate]

Is there an error with my code or a bug within the plugin? If you could help advise as I need the plugin to direct to the fan page.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by .
    sodadesign
    Participant

I’ve done a little more testing and I think the reason it’s blank is because you have to be logged into facebook via your browser. I’ve done this and it then appears to display.

Is there a way for the end-user to know that they have to do this i.e. under these conditions could there be a message displaying ‘login to your facebook account to view’ or such like as I’m concerned about the blank gap and end users won’t know what to do?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.